Monday, November 17, 2014

Unit Rates

We've been working on unit rate all last week. I was going to move on to graphing ratios, but decided my students needed another day of reviewing unit rate. We needed something to shake up the monotony so we played a Thanksgiving Bingo game to review. I find it so funny how if your turn work into a game the students LOVE it! We played this on Friday and my students were begging to play it again today. 
We started with the students filling out their blank bingo cards. I projected all the answers up on the doc camera and the students could choose which answers to fill in. They couldn't repeat answers though. 
After students filled out their bingo cards, I projected the problems on the board. The students solved the problems on a lined piece of paper then marked their bingo card if they had the answer.  When students got a bingo they got to choose out of my treasure box. I've had this treasure box since teaching 2nd and 3rd grade. The 6th graders were actually excited to see what was inside and choose something out.  You can get this activity in my TPT store.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Unit-Rate-Thanksgiving-Bingo-1565281



No comments:

Post a Comment